You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound not working on Facebook, Instagram videos

Hi I have a new phone been using for about two weeks - whenever I go to an Instagram story or a Facebook video the sounds is as I’d have on silent.

first week I had people couldn’t hear me but that seems fine now but now this?

not what would expect from a new phone and as I use for business I need reliability

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 2:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 6:12 AM

Hey debbyf2001,

It appears that you're unable to hear the sound from videos on Facebook or Instagram, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support -- If you haven't already tried, see if restarting your iPhone resolves the issue.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- If you're still not hearing sound from videos in the apps that you've mentioned, make sure your iPhone is up to date. The current iOS version is 15.1. You can find this under Settings > General > About.

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support -- If your iPhone was already up to date, or updating didn't resolve the issue, work through the steps in this article.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

All the best.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2021 6:12 AM in response to debbyf2001

Hey debbyf2001,

It appears that you're unable to hear the sound from videos on Facebook or Instagram, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support -- If you haven't already tried, see if restarting your iPhone resolves the issue.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- If you're still not hearing sound from videos in the apps that you've mentioned, make sure your iPhone is up to date. The current iOS version is 15.1. You can find this under Settings > General > About.

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support -- If your iPhone was already up to date, or updating didn't resolve the issue, work through the steps in this article.

Feel free to get back to us with any questions or problems you may have.

All the best.

Sound not working on Facebook, Instagram videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.