Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar is slow to respond after update to ios 15.1 on iphone XSmax

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 7:38 AM

That’s what I find too. When you change dates it’s like they overlap. I can’t trust what I see and until I touch the calendar entry does it refresh and show the proper appointments. It sucks big time.

118 replies

Nov 1, 2021 6:49 AM in response to wouter-58

Apple Support in the Netherlands listened to me and found multiple reports of the issue, so for sure the issue is recognized now within Apple as related to use of the Calendar with an Exchange account.

The only suggestion was to see if removing my Exchange solved the issue, which I refused as it makes no sense to test with an empty Calendar.

There is no solution yet.

Dec 13, 2021 9:22 PM in response to JJFinDC

Yes iOS 15.2 fixed the issue, but what a pain!

I think Apple has not done a good job this time:

• No information has been published about the issue (causes and affected devices);
  • No workaround has been given;
  • No date has been provided for a fix;
  • Apple support staff has not been trained nor informed, so customers could not rely on them.

This is really bad for such a company.

I think just two communications from Apple would have been enough to change my opinion:

1. “We are aware of this issue and we are working hard to fix it”;
  2. ”We solved the issue, a fix will be released with iOS 15.2 in mid December”.

Regards,

/alex

Oct 27, 2021 7:18 AM in response to JeffSammamish

I was almost happy: the Calendar in landscape is very responsive to touch, as it shall be.

But the contents is often rubbish with appointment coloring spanning more time or more days that what they are set for.

The appointment coloring changes when you slide the Calandar left and right. In one word: useless.

So Calendar in portrait responds terrible to touch, Calendar in landscape shows random coloring.

Oct 28, 2021 8:37 AM in response to JoBarrow

Same here, on my iPhone 11 Pro, Calendar super slow, takes minutes until scrollable, but still sluggish then. That app is not usable anymore actually and that's really nasty, actually working in an important long term project where have to deal a lot with invitations.

Everything was fine with Calendar till 15.0.x. Who could have known that they blow up that basic core Calendar function :-(

Apple I'm not going to reset anything on my iPhone! You screwed it, so go and fix it, and please do that fast!

Oct 29, 2021 5:10 PM in response to wouter-58

Same issue and even worse on iPhone 13 pro: Calendar app not usable with large Google calendar account.

Issue exists since update from iOS 15.0.2 to 15.1.

I have written a feedback report to Apple, and sent in the required iPhone diagnostic report.

Please all affected people do write a feedback in order to increase the chance of a timely bug fix by Apple: https://feedbackassistant.apple.com

Oct 30, 2021 4:38 AM in response to JoBarrow

Creating a new appointment is almost impossible.

After entering the first letter in the title, the calendar hangs for 20-30 seconds. If you still enter further letters, they appear only after these 20-30 seconds. If you click on another field (place or time) the calendar hangs again for 20-30 seconds. Thus it takes 5 minutes or longer until an appointment is created.

Furthermore, the appointments are often not displayed correctly in the day view. Often not correct titles are displayed, titles of other appointments. If you touch this title, it jumps to the correct title and if you touch it again, the wrong title is displayed.

I have the problem after the update to 15.1 on my iPhone 12 Pro max and on my iPad Pro. My wife also has the same problems on her iPhone XS max after the update.

Unfortunately, restarting the device does not remedy the situation.

The calendar is currently unusable !!!!

Nov 1, 2021 7:31 AM in response to wouter-58

Dear Wouter-58, thanks for your contribution towards solving this awful problem caused by the most recent IOS update. Unfortunately I do not fully understand the technology, I am very worried about losing my personal diary entries over a wide timespan. I use the calendar extensively and find it frustrating in its current state. Thank you for persevering with the case.

Nov 1, 2021 9:11 AM in response to wouter-58

Well, that's by nature all Exchange, so corporate Exchange server, Office 365 and also outlook.com.

So, I have 2 of them running on my iPhone, since years w/o issues, Office 365 company account and also a personal outlook.com account. I would like to repeat myself, Apple go and fix that, and please fast, you screwed it.

I would be curious if Google Mail users are facing that issue, too, as Google used Exchange servers underneath the hood in the past. I'm actually not up to date, if they changed that already sometimes in the past ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.