Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email contents no longer load after upgrade to Monterey

Since upgrading to Monterey Apple Mail no longer loads the contents of any emails, old or new. All my emails show up both in the preview pane and the reading pane and the subject and the sender show, but no message contents ever load. New emails are being delivered but also show no content. I tried turning off all the new security preferences (Protect Mail Activity, Hide IP Address, Block All Remote Content) which had no effect. I tried changing other various Mail preferences which had no effect. Rebuilding the mailbox, restarting Mail, and restarting my iMac also had no effect.

Has anyone else encountered this or have ideas on how to fix it?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 7:48 AM

11 replies

Oct 28, 2021 7:52 AM in response to nelsfromthewest

I have this exact problem, with a couple additional details:

1. I did the update the other day, Mail was fine until I woke my computer this morning.
  2. If you have older messages in your Inbox, go back and what your messages prior to 9/30 are doing. Going back through older email, anything prior to 9/30 (plus one message from early morning on 9/30) loads normally.
  3. Everything is normal on my iPhone and through icloud.com.

Email contents no longer load after upgrade to Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.