Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay on MacBook Pro

Can someone help me with my MacBook Pro not connecting to apple tv. My iPhone and newer iPad will connect.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 7:50 PM

Thanks again Less. I kept working on my Mac’s AirPlay display settings, and it was the firewall keeping me from connecting to my TV. I also found the “options” switch within the firewall settings that lets me allow the connection and keep the firewall on for everything else.

3 replies

Oct 26, 2021 2:53 PM in response to Laura Reed

See: Stream audio and video from your Mac with AirPlay - Apple Support

For video, you can use the in-app AirPlay controls in the TV app, in QuickTime Player, and in Safari for (many) web videos. For audio, you can use the in-app AirPlay controls in the Music app. For other apps, you can use screen mirroring from macOS Control Center from the menu bar.

Airplay on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.