Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV+ app has network problems

My Apple TV+ app (on a chromecast with Google TV) started giving the error message "Network Unavailable - There were errors with this connection. Wait a moment, then try again". This has worked fine for 9 months, and only started having problems on 2 chromecast in the last week. One is on Wifi, and one is hardwired. Sometimes reinstalling the app fixes things for a little while, sometimes not. Rebooting the router does not make any difference. A new macbook Pro, and old Air, and an iPhone connected to same wireless network have no issues connecting to TV+

Chromecast,

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 7:40 AM

I've been having this same issue with the Apple TV+ App on my Apple TV 4K (most-recent version). Only when using the TV+ app, I get the "Network Unavailable" notification every couple minutes or so. No other app generates this notification.

Is there any update or should I contact support as well?

5 replies

Oct 27, 2021 11:38 AM in response to Speaker-Chance

Hey Speaker-Chance,

It appears that you're having issues with the Apple TV app on your Chromecast. We understand that you've tied deleting and reinstalling the app, along with restarting your router. Does resetting the Apple TV app help? This article shows how: Reset the Apple TV app - Apple Support

If that doesn't help or if you've already tried that and the issue continues, you can contact Apple Support for further assistance here: Contact Apple Support

Best wishes.

Oct 27, 2021 12:14 PM in response to claire504

@claire504,

I haven't tried that, as I can't actually get into the app, the error message happens at login time. Inside the chromecast, I can externally delete cache and data for the app, as well as uninstalling it. These have not really helped. Once in a while, the app will let me log in, but then it breaks again within a few hours. I hoped to try the appl on a different kind of Android device, but I don't see it in the app store for phones.

My Apple TV+ app has network problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.