Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo library won’t load for screen saver in Monterey

I am with other people with the same problem. I am using a 2019 iMac desktop. I upgraded to Monterey this morning and only get a black screen with the clock on it if I try to use any other option except the Monterey screen saver. I have searched everywhere and can’t find any answers. Thank you

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 12:45 PM

Hi Peabody1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to view photos as your screen saver in macOS Monterey. We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to restart your Mac in safe mode. This helps to perform a basic check of your startup disk, deletes some system caches and more. Once your Mac is in safe mode, please restart it as normal and see if your photos appear with your screen saver. If needed, here's how to start up your Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kind regards.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 12:45 PM in response to Peabody1

Hi Peabody1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to view photos as your screen saver in macOS Monterey. We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to restart your Mac in safe mode. This helps to perform a basic check of your startup disk, deletes some system caches and more. Once your Mac is in safe mode, please restart it as normal and see if your photos appear with your screen saver. If needed, here's how to start up your Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kind regards.

Nov 23, 2021 9:45 AM in response to Peabody1

Peabody1 wrote:

I am with other people with the same problem. I am using a 2019 iMac desktop. I upgraded to Monterey this morning and only get a black screen with the clock on it if I try to use any other option except the Monterey screen saver. I have searched everywhere and can’t find any answers. Thank you

You can submit a bug report using this same link: Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Photo library won’t load for screen saver in Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.