Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch / Health App steps not synced

Why is Health App steps lower than than Apple Watch steps? How can I fix it?

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 8:08 PM

3 replies

Oct 26, 2021 8:09 PM in response to Retiredintucson

The first (and simplest) thing to try if something isn’t working right is to restart your Apple Watch and its paired iPhone. If necessary (device not responding), try a forced restart. Both methods can be found here:

How to restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, the next steps would be to unpair and pair your watch again and restore from the backup just created. This should result in no loss of data. It deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Oct 26, 2021 9:42 PM in response to javaliga

I performed above steps and it did not correct issue. I’m thinking the problem is because multiple devices (IPhone and watch) are listed on the Health app. I believe the Health app uses only a single data source to update steps data. That source is selected based on the priority order. In my case it is the IPhone. I’m not sure how I can change the order to list watch first.

Apple Watch / Health App steps not synced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.