Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails stay in Drafts folder after sent

In Apple Mail, messages often remain in the drafts folder after they've been sent.

This is an exchange account. When I check the account using the exchange web interface the draft isn't there. Just on the Mac.

These are messages that have been completed and sent. They're not new message windows that I've opened and forgotten to close.

"Store draft messages on server" is deselected in account settings - this was suggested as a fix by others.

Any suggestions? I have to double check to make sure messages have been sent.

Thanks,

Chris

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 9:37 AM

Thanks for reaching out, Chris Conroy.

It sounds like you're seeing drafts in your Mail app on your Mac. We can help.

According to Save draft emails in Mail on Mac: "For Exchange and IMAP accounts, drafts are stored on the mail server (unless you select a mailbox on your Mac in the Mailbox Behaviors pane of Mail preferences)." So, we'd like to see what happens if you delete the drafts on your Mac and then update your settings to leave drafts on your server instead.

Give that a try, and see if there is any improvement.

We are here for you.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 9:37 AM in response to Chris Conroy

Thanks for reaching out, Chris Conroy.

It sounds like you're seeing drafts in your Mail app on your Mac. We can help.

According to Save draft emails in Mail on Mac: "For Exchange and IMAP accounts, drafts are stored on the mail server (unless you select a mailbox on your Mac in the Mailbox Behaviors pane of Mail preferences)." So, we'd like to see what happens if you delete the drafts on your Mac and then update your settings to leave drafts on your server instead.

Give that a try, and see if there is any improvement.

We are here for you.

Emails stay in Drafts folder after sent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.