Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nacOS App Store Update Stuck / Broken

I was attempting to update a couple of apps on my system since yesterday. The progress circle for both of these reached past 75% (one circle shows ~77% while the other is ~90%) but they have both failed to process any further.

I've tried restarting multiple times, when I run App Store it still shows the 2 apps stuck in progress.

I attempted to click the close/cancel button but this has NO effect (the partial apps remained in my Application folders, and the indicator remains stuck at the same percentages). I repeated this several times between multiple restarts to no effect.

I finally manually deleted both the apps from the Applications folder. Following multiple reboots the App Store STILL shows the same progress for the 2 apps, though now I have to go searching for them as the one thing that seems to be correct is these no longer show up under "Updates" since they're now seen as Apps not installed on my system (despite the progress bars being stuck).

I honestly have no idea what else I can even do, other than give up ever using these apps again...

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 10:20 AM

Have you tried booting into safe mode and then opening up the App Store?

Similar questions

1 reply

nacOS App Store Update Stuck / Broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.