Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I fast charge my Apple Watch 7 off my MacBook Pro USB-C ports?

USB-C adapters are in short supply in my house and I don't want to buy another plug/dongle thing if I don't need to. I'm wondering if I can just plug my Watch 7 charging cable into my MacBook Pro (2017) and have it fast charge that way. Will it draw the same amount of power as if it was plugged into a USB-C wall plug adapter? I definitely want it charging as fast as possible (plus that was a selling point) as I wear my watch 24/7 for sleep tracking.

Bonus question: has anyone found a fast-charge compatible docking station that works with an iPhone and Watch 7?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 11:32 AM

Re the first, question, no.

Also see the following from About fast charge on Apple Watch Series 7 - Apple Support

Fast charging requires an Apple USB-C Magnetic Fast Charging Cable. This cable has aluminum around the magnetic charger and a USB-C connector.

You also need one of these power adapters:

• Apple 18W, 20W, 29W, 30W, 61W, 87W, or 96W USB-C Power Adapter
  • A comparable third-party USB-C power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) of 5W or greater

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 11:32 AM in response to meemster

Re the first, question, no.

Also see the following from About fast charge on Apple Watch Series 7 - Apple Support

Fast charging requires an Apple USB-C Magnetic Fast Charging Cable. This cable has aluminum around the magnetic charger and a USB-C connector.

You also need one of these power adapters:

• Apple 18W, 20W, 29W, 30W, 61W, 87W, or 96W USB-C Power Adapter
  • A comparable third-party USB-C power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) of 5W or greater

Can I fast charge my Apple Watch 7 off my MacBook Pro USB-C ports?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.