Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Final Cut Pro X, Is it possible to change the Titles and Generators to an external hard drive?

Because I use 2 different Mac Pros I was hoping to be able to save my apple motion projects onto an external hard drive and then use those templates universally, between the two computers. Is this possible?

Thank you

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 6:54 PM

If you place your Library on the external hard drive, you can use FCPX to move all the templates into the Library. Select the Libaray name at the top of the Libraries sidebar. On the right side of the window, the Library Properties will appear. You can Consolidate Motion Content into the Library using this option:

These instructions may help:

https://support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/manage-motion-content-ver37e11fb98/10.6/mac/11.5.1

This way, you'll be using the same Library on both computers (I assume you've already arranged for the shared media content as well.)

There may be another way... if you're not amenable to this suggestion.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 6:54 PM in response to Metamech

If you place your Library on the external hard drive, you can use FCPX to move all the templates into the Library. Select the Libaray name at the top of the Libraries sidebar. On the right side of the window, the Library Properties will appear. You can Consolidate Motion Content into the Library using this option:

These instructions may help:

https://support.apple.com/guide/final-cut-pro/manage-motion-content-ver37e11fb98/10.6/mac/11.5.1

This way, you'll be using the same Library on both computers (I assume you've already arranged for the shared media content as well.)

There may be another way... if you're not amenable to this suggestion.

In Final Cut Pro X, Is it possible to change the Titles and Generators to an external hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.