Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble setting up att.net on iphone 11

Att.net email

I cannot send or receive att.net emails. I get "cannot Get Mail; No password provided for "att". Please go to mail account settings and enter a password"

I do as instructed. It looks as though there is a password. I have tried reentering the password. I have also changed my password. I get the same message.

I am not tech savvy and cannot seem to navigate the att/yahoo website.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 7:08 PM

4 replies

Oct 27, 2021 7:18 PM in response to fredg357

This is what I understand about AT&T mail, and some changes that have been recently made.

AT&T Mail is understood to be hosted by Yahoo. Yahoo Mail, in common with many other Mail providers (such as AOL, Google and Microsoft) has switched to using App Specific Passwords when using anything other than their own email client Apps. Your recent software update has triggered an account settings update.

If you need to generate an App Specific Password, you’ll need to log-in to your Mail Providers account management webpage - using a web browser - and generate the Password from the appropriate account security page.

Trouble setting up att.net on iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.