Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime error

When I record a very quick short screen recording and I stop it, it says it cannot be saved and when I do a movie recording and it says it cannot record.

I have reseted the nvram, reinstalled macOS Monterey, went to safe mode, and still issue persists.

Any ideas to fix this?

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 7:57 AM

Hi Developing-Supremely, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues using QuickTime Player to record your screen.

We’d like to start by setting your expectations. As mentioned in the article below, "Some apps might not let you record their windows."

How to record the screen on your Mac

Are you using the same steps in the article below to initiate the recording?

Record your screen in QuickTime Player on Mac - Apple Support

If yes, we recommend that you check if the issue persists when signed in on a different user account.

The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If the issue persists on a different user but only on certain windows, it is likely that the app does not allow screen recording.

If you are unable to screen record at all, we recommend that you reach out to us here so we can take a closer look into the issue: Get Support

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 7:57 AM in response to Developing-Supremely

Hi Developing-Supremely, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues using QuickTime Player to record your screen.

We’d like to start by setting your expectations. As mentioned in the article below, "Some apps might not let you record their windows."

How to record the screen on your Mac

Are you using the same steps in the article below to initiate the recording?

Record your screen in QuickTime Player on Mac - Apple Support

If yes, we recommend that you check if the issue persists when signed in on a different user account.

The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If the issue persists on a different user but only on certain windows, it is likely that the app does not allow screen recording.

If you are unable to screen record at all, we recommend that you reach out to us here so we can take a closer look into the issue: Get Support

Take care!

Quicktime error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.