Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air M1 2020 Dual Monitors

What's the deal here? Does does the Apple M1 chip not support dual monitors? I am seeing conflicting information all over the web, some have been able to do it with unsupported workarounds, some cannot do it, and I certainly am unable to get it to work. I've tried to reach out to support, they were incredibly unhelpful, and would not answer the question of it this is going to be fixed or not.

Is there a planned fix for upcoming MacOS updates? You'd think in 2020/2021, this would be a non-issue for a product priced of a $1000.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 3:47 PM

6 replies

Oct 29, 2021 6:56 AM in response to woodmeister50

Let me ask you three questions:

1. Is the lack of support for dual monitors advertised? On the packaging, on the website, in store? In the packaging materials, in the cart? Virtually anywhere besides the Apple Support article, which you have to go looking for?
  2. Please name a laptop starting at MSRP $900 that has launched in the past five years that doesn’t support more than one external display, besides the M1 MacBook.
  3. Without answering with an Apple apologist response may you please elaborate on how I could realistically resolve the issue?

Oct 29, 2021 6:33 AM in response to CourageousTuna

CourageousTuna wrote:

Wow that's amazing! $2000 to use dual monitors. What a defining moment for technology! Does Apple do exchanges at full value for this clear piece of junk that I bought?

It is not a piece of junk, you did not read the specifications which clearly state one external display before purchasing a computer that does not fit your needs.

Macbook Air M1 2020 Dual Monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.