Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max no notifications

I just upgraded from an iPhone 11 Pro Max to an iPhone 13 Pro Max. Since upgrading (copying apps and settings via iCloud) this new phone does not show me any notifications. Across all apps. In additions the little red circle that appears on the app icon does not update until I open the app. In this case I am referring to Microsoft Outlook (which is my default email provider) but seems to happen with other apps as well like iMessage.

I am stumped. All my settings seems to be OK.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 7:37 AM

After speaking with tech support and a lot of erasing and rerunning the "new phone" startup, I determined that Microsoft Outlook was the culprit. I manually deleted the app, then downloaded it from the App Store and it works now. So I think this is a hand-off to Microsoft. Something is not getting set right when doing the auto-download of apps after initial setup of the phone.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 7:37 AM in response to kamote0628

After speaking with tech support and a lot of erasing and rerunning the "new phone" startup, I determined that Microsoft Outlook was the culprit. I manually deleted the app, then downloaded it from the App Store and it works now. So I think this is a hand-off to Microsoft. Something is not getting set right when doing the auto-download of apps after initial setup of the phone.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Oct 30, 2021 9:23 AM in response to daddyqbob50

Hi daddyqbob50, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are experiencing issues with the notifications of your new iPhone 13 Pro Max.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you. Are you experiencing the issue when using a Wi-Fi network, cellular data, or both? 

Also, are you using a VPN on your device, on your router, or access point?

Is the device set to the correct Time Zone? Also, is the Date & Time set automatically? You can confirm these details under Settings > General > Date & Time.

Does it help if you delete an affected app, then reinstall it?

Does it seem like the issue happens on a certain time window?

Do you have a Focus feature enabled?

In the meantime, we recommend that you update your device to iOS 15.1 if you haven't.

While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest version of iOS for your device can help isolate potential software issues. 

Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, we recommend that you check for app updates. You can use the article below as a reference.

Update apps or use automatic downloads

Take care!

iPhone 13 Pro Max no notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.