Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding to Playlists in Shared Library = Remove From Cloud?

Howdy - I have an Apple Music subscription and have synced my library with the cloud. Now, when I try to add a song to a playlist on my Mac I get a message saying "Cloud Music Library playlists can only contain songs from your Cloud Music Library. If you continue, xxx playlist will be removed from your Cloud Music library and will only be available on this computer."

So are the playlists in the cloud library just frozen in time and any change requires a re-sync? Cuz that's...less than ideal.

Side note: please do not tell me all the reasons why I should actually like this btw, cuz that's also less than ideal. If I liked it I wouldn't be on here looking for a solution.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 2:00 PM

Match or uploaded is good. Removed typically means that these items were selected in another library or a device and removed from your iCloud Music Library. You can select, right-click, and use Add to Library to have them matched or uploaded. Once that is done they should add to your playlist without causing it to be removed from the cloud. The only potential gotcha would be if you had tracks purchased with a different Apple ID as these too are excluded from your cloud library.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 2:00 PM in response to dunderhead

Match or uploaded is good. Removed typically means that these items were selected in another library or a device and removed from your iCloud Music Library. You can select, right-click, and use Add to Library to have them matched or uploaded. Once that is done they should add to your playlist without causing it to be removed from the cloud. The only potential gotcha would be if you had tracks purchased with a different Apple ID as these too are excluded from your cloud library.

tt2

Oct 29, 2021 1:16 PM in response to dunderhead

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. If you add ineligible content to a playlist then it cannot be shared in the cloud library. You cannot add something that has a cloud status of duplicate, error, or ineligible. Resolve those issues first, then you can add additional tracks to the playlist.

tt2

Adding to Playlists in Shared Library = Remove From Cloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.