Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain after 15.1 on 12 pro max

Dear,

My iphone 12 pro max had had outstanding battery life before I updated to ios 15.1.

Now it is under every serious level,totally unacceptable and terrible.

I am using the phone in the same way as prior your update.

Please have this serious issue fixed as soon as possible.

Please do not send me standard battery usage advice and work on the solution.

Thanks in advance

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 11:10 PM

OK first all there will be a lot of housekeeping, re-indexing and photo curating going on after any update. This much stronger if you came direct from 14.

There may be apps that are inherently incompatible with 15

Start by removing any VPN or security apps. Aoart from being titally unnevessary they are also a string contender.

Many mainstream apps need an urgent update, fir ecamole NextDoor so go to App Store and scan through your apps for those that need updating.

While there, uninstsll any apps you haven't used fir some time. They are unnecessary update burden.

Check the battery usage chart in battery settings for any obvious bad apps but not every background process is shown.

Only after all that do you need to do the simple stuff advised in

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

In extreme cases you can backup and restore to factory.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 11:10 PM in response to Gordosh13

OK first all there will be a lot of housekeeping, re-indexing and photo curating going on after any update. This much stronger if you came direct from 14.

There may be apps that are inherently incompatible with 15

Start by removing any VPN or security apps. Aoart from being titally unnevessary they are also a string contender.

Many mainstream apps need an urgent update, fir ecamole NextDoor so go to App Store and scan through your apps for those that need updating.

While there, uninstsll any apps you haven't used fir some time. They are unnecessary update burden.

Check the battery usage chart in battery settings for any obvious bad apps but not every background process is shown.

Only after all that do you need to do the simple stuff advised in

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

In extreme cases you can backup and restore to factory.

Battery drain after 15.1 on 12 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.