Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There seems to be problems with OS Big Sur, can I update to Monterey? I have iMac (21.5-inch, late 2015)

There seems to be problems with OS Big Sur, can I update to Monterey? I have iMac (21.5-inch, late 2015)

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 10:13 AM

Best practice is to fix the issues with one OS version BEFORE upgraded to a newer and likely more-demanding one. Doing an OS upgrade to rid yourself of problems is similar to buying a new house to get rid of mice but taking the mice from the old house with you when you move!

If you describe issues you now have with Big Sur, it is very possible we can help you get them sorted before you try a new OS version.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2021 10:13 AM in response to artforsanity

Best practice is to fix the issues with one OS version BEFORE upgraded to a newer and likely more-demanding one. Doing an OS upgrade to rid yourself of problems is similar to buying a new house to get rid of mice but taking the mice from the old house with you when you move!

If you describe issues you now have with Big Sur, it is very possible we can help you get them sorted before you try a new OS version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.