Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone having difficulty with Monterey loading

Anyone having difficulty with macOS Big Sur update install? My iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5 “, 2015) shows the update is available, but when I click install, the Mac just searches for update rather than installing it. It currently has macOS BigSur Version 11.6.1 installed.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 19, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2022 1:42 AM

Charles_pGa wrote:

Thanks. Curious why auto updates may not be installing! I have the box checked.

Q - " Thanks. Curious why auto updates may not be installing! I have the box checked. "

A - Suggest verifying in the Software Update Applet in System preferences and refer to the below two Images. If they are in-fact enabled - this leads to a different set of circumstances which, often times are self inflicted issues

A - Because we are working Remotely and do not have the computer in front of use , it is suggested as per below

A - Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2022 1:42 AM in response to Charles_pGa

Charles_pGa wrote:

Thanks. Curious why auto updates may not be installing! I have the box checked.

Q - " Thanks. Curious why auto updates may not be installing! I have the box checked. "

A - Suggest verifying in the Software Update Applet in System preferences and refer to the below two Images. If they are in-fact enabled - this leads to a different set of circumstances which, often times are self inflicted issues

A - Because we are working Remotely and do not have the computer in front of use , it is suggested as per below

A - Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Apr 19, 2022 9:25 AM in response to Charles_pGa

Firstly and very important >> Version Big Sur 11.6.1 ( Oct 26, 2021 ) installed is very outdated and suggest updating to current version 11.6.5 before attempting the Monterey upGrade.

Have seen several persons attempting to Jump to Monterey with outdated versions of older version of macOS and often times without success.

Anyone having difficulty with Monterey loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.