Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is "do_not_reply@email.apple.com" a scam email address?

I received this email today. There have been similar questions on this site, but answers have been contradictory.

So - is it a scam or not? The billing information in my Apple account is correct and has not changed since the last time they billed me.

Dear (my name),

On 30/10/2021, we attempted to charge you for iCloud+ with 50 GB GB of storage, but there is a problem with your payment information.Your account will be downgraded to the free 5 GB storage plan if we cannot successfully renew your subscription.

Follow the instructions below to update your billing information:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.

2. Tap your Apple ID and then tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in.

3. Tap Manage Payments (if you’re using an older version of iOS, tap Payment Information) and follow the prompts.

You can also update payment information from a Mac or PC.

The iCloud Team

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 4:42 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 7, 2021 8:38 AM in response to applequest1on

Looks mighty phishy to me. I got it just three days ago  from :atlas106.aol.mail.gq1.yahoo.com.
I truly doubt apple would use yahoo.
To see real sender: hover over the address they give, right click, select View Message Source.
This scam has coming back around for some 5 years now. When I got my "notice" all was just fine.
The correct billing then occured yesterday. No real problem. Got to be phishing. 

Oct 30, 2021 4:59 PM in response to applequest1on

Seems pretty legit. The email address ends in apple.com and do_not_reply is common. Of, course that's only the displayed name. You can right-click on the email, or use the down arrow selector to verify the address from which the email was sent and verify that it ends in apple.com.

It's also addressed to your name (a good sign) and tells you how to manage the payments in your device (not a url/website).

It's worth checking your account through your device.

Nov 7, 2021 8:44 AM in response to applequest1on

Looks mighty phishy to me. I got it just three days ago from :atlas106.aol.mail.gq1.yahoo.com.

To see real sender: hover over the address they give, right click, select View Message Source.

This scam has coming back around for some 5 years now. When I got my "notice" all was just fine.

The correct billing then occured yesterday. No real problem. Got to be phishing.

Nov 7, 2021 8:47 AM in response to applequest1on

Looks mighty phishy to me. I got it just three days ago from :atlas106.aol.mail.gq1.yahoo.com.

This scam (I think) has been coming back around for some 5 years now. When I got my "notice" all was just fine.

The correct billing then occurred yesterday. No real problem. Got to be phishing.

Is "do_not_reply@email.apple.com" a scam email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.