Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Hey Siri, Find my iphone" not working on Homepod after changing to a new iPhone

I recently got a new iPhone, its on the latest iOS, on the same network as the Homepod, Find my Phone is On - I can control the Homepod from the iPhone whether through the home app or just playing music through iTunes. BUT. On the Homepod the "Hey Siri, Find my iPhone" no longer works.

Anyone know what the issue is? I have already reset and restarted the Homepod. It just keeps saying "Your phone is either turned off or not available" and the phone is in my hand fully functional. Not sure what is going on.. since I tend to leave the phone around the house, really need this feature to work. Thanks.

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 7:43 PM

OK, this is just too strange.

5 minutes or so after replying to you I was looking in my Settings/Apple ID and I noticed there were three identical items for the same pc listed. As I had wiped the pc, I deleted the three entries for my ID list.

Then on all my apple devices (Mac mini, iPad and iPhone) I got messages that each of them (apple devices) were now using my Apple ID along with my Apple Watch.

On a whim I checked my HomePod mini and it now works!!!

So I suggest you check and see if you have a device connected to your Apple ID that shouldn't be. It's worth a try. At this point I think shaking chicken bones over an HomePod will cure all its ills. (Voodoo reference in case you are wondering)

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 7:43 PM in response to sonal183

OK, this is just too strange.

5 minutes or so after replying to you I was looking in my Settings/Apple ID and I noticed there were three identical items for the same pc listed. As I had wiped the pc, I deleted the three entries for my ID list.

Then on all my apple devices (Mac mini, iPad and iPhone) I got messages that each of them (apple devices) were now using my Apple ID along with my Apple Watch.

On a whim I checked my HomePod mini and it now works!!!

So I suggest you check and see if you have a device connected to your Apple ID that shouldn't be. It's worth a try. At this point I think shaking chicken bones over an HomePod will cure all its ills. (Voodoo reference in case you are wondering)

Nov 22, 2021 7:00 PM in response to sonal183

You're having the same problem I am. Apple, other than providing some amateurish responses on how to set up a HomePod is in radio silence on this issue. I have an open case on this. Not sure if it's just a bot response or if they pay folks for this. My guess is a bot. Vancouver I would hope you prove me wrong so I can apologize.

My HomePods broke when 15.1.1 dropped. If I have my HomePod restart it will find my iPhone (the one I set the HomePod up with) once. Then tell me on the second try the phone is not on the same network. Restart again and same result.

My advice is wait and see if 15.2 fixes. Don't pull your hair out in the mean time.

What gets my goat is that I think Apple is aware of the problem but since they don't have a solution are playing the "first time I've heard of this problem" jive. I guess I expected an honest "we don't know but are working on it", I could live with that. A patronizing "check to make sure you follow our set up steps (dummy)" almost makes me want to go back to the dark side (MS).

Not a fix for you, but I think the only fix at this point is an update iOS from apple.

Nov 23, 2021 8:04 AM in response to Vancouver22

I profoundly apologize then. There are so many bots deployed by support in large companies these days it’s hard to tell. I was referring to almost every answer being “do basic setup” when most people have done this. Some multiple times. 

Now I think I might have solved my issue, but I am not sure what the exact problem was.  In my settings/Apple ID, I found the same window laptop authorized three times. I had to wipe the laptop several times for trouble shooting in the past.  Since I no longer needed it authorized I deleted the instances. Now everything works. Even my Apple Watch that could not control some apps is now working as advertised. 

I am not sure how to get this info to Apple. Either I don’t know how to properly contact support, or the system is to oblige to use. I think the later. Why. Because when I try to track my case number I get a long error code and am told to try again later. Week long attempt. 

so, thank you for responding and again my apologies. 

"Hey Siri, Find my iphone" not working on Homepod after changing to a new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.