Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3rd generation will to not accept my Netflix login and it will no enable airplay.

My Apple TV 3rd generation will to not accept my Netflix login and it will not enable airplay. Both had worked previously. Netflix had me reset settings back to factory but that did not work. I can use other apps, i.e. Amazon Prime.

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 2:37 PM

On windows

1. Install 3utools on Windows pc/laptop
  2. Connect 3rd Gen Apple TV to power and connect it via USB to pc/laptop
  3. Start 3utools to find the Apple TV
  4. Select More 
  5. Select “Batch activation” 
  6. Click all and Start 

Plugg back into tv

On Mac

Use/install apple configurator 2 on your IMac or MacBook.

connect to ATV micro usb.

Choose Apple TV3

Choose Profile

Choose Activate

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2021 2:37 PM in response to Ant2007

On windows

1. Install 3utools on Windows pc/laptop
  2. Connect 3rd Gen Apple TV to power and connect it via USB to pc/laptop
  4. Select More 
  5. Select “Batch activation” 
  6. Click all and Start 

Plugg back into tv

On Mac

Choose Apple TV3

Choose Profile

Choose Activate

Dec 7, 2021 10:56 PM in response to RKG61

It’s work for me thank you so much

1. Installed 3utools on my Lap Top
  2. Connected my 3rd Gen Apple TV to the power and connected it via USB on my laptop
  4. Selected More 
  5. Selected “Batch activation” 
  6. Clicked all and Start 

Finished.

Plugged back into TV and the casting/screen mirror works!

Nov 23, 2021 11:25 AM in response to Patrav1

On windows

1. Installed 3utools on my Lap Top
  2. Connected my 3rd Gen Apple TV to the power and connected it via USB on my laptop
  4. Selected More 
  5. Selected “Batch activation” 
  6. Clicked all and Start 

Finished.

Plugged back into TV and the casting/screen mirror works!

On Mac

Choose Apple TV3

Choose Profile

Choose Activate

Nov 29, 2021 5:56 AM in response to RKG61

Hi All

I had a problem to connect to Airplay to a model ATV3 after a down and upgrade in this month november.

The cause of the Airplay show up problem is the ATV activation: failed look under Settings>General>About

I have installed iMazing on my Sierra 10.12.6 MB-pro and just connect my apple tv3 using usb to MBP and it works.

Airplay is showing up

I have also seen in Appel discussion posts some results using apple configurator 2 but this will not run on Sierra 10.12.6

Sierra 10.12.6

ATV3 A1469 built 2015

dutch = error -> activering mislukt

Dec 15, 2021 8:01 AM in response to Patrav1

I had the same issue with an A1427 Apple TV I have owned for years but for no apparent reason stopped allowing Airplay/Screen Mirroring recently and on the General - About page Activation was showing as 'Failed'.

I downloaded 3uTools - never heard of it before and it sounded very doubtful, plugged in the Apple TV and followed the instructions above for 'Batch Activation' . After 10 seconds the Apple TV was activated and when I reconnected to the Monitor AirPlay / Screen Mirroring restored and the 'Failed' message for activation was no longer showing. Thank you 3uTools

Great for me. However as a free App I'm wondering if I should delete from my (Windows) laptop rather than leave it in situ ...

Views?

Dec 31, 2021 1:10 AM in response to RKG61

Mine was an issue with Airplay not connecting resulting from Activation for the Apple TV showing as “Failed” (no idea why as it had not shown this before and had worked flawlessly for several years previously) but solving the Activation issue solved the Airplay issue straight away.

I followed the clear instructions (thank you to whoever posted them) using a PC and 3utool and it was resolved in less than 10 minutes including finding and downloading the free software.

As someone said, virtually all posts also say this works …

Apple TV 3rd generation will to not accept my Netflix login and it will no enable airplay.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.