Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air Play

I can't get my MacBook to link to my Samsung TV. All I get is "looking for Apple TV" and "Off".

My iPhone links up perfectly.

QTQ7D,

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 6:58 AM

4 replies

Nov 2, 2021 7:58 AM in response to rpmerrill

Hello Rpmerrill,

It sounds like you are unable to mirror your Mac with your TV. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

These articles may be able to help:

Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? Has your Mac ever been able to AirPlay previously? Also, which Mac and macOS version are you currently using?

Cheers!

Nov 2, 2021 9:08 AM in response to rpmerrill

Rpmerrill,

Thank you for those details. First, let's verify your TV model appears on this list: Home accessories

Specifically the section titled "AirPlay 2–Enabled TVs and Devices"

If it does, you may need a newer macOS version. Your Mac is compatible with macOS Big Sur: macOS Big Sur is compatible with these computers

Let's back up your device with Time Machine and upgrade using this article: How to get old versions of macOS

Let us know the results.

Good Luck!

Nov 2, 2021 8:48 AM in response to Sharon_419

I have a MacBook Pro (A1502).

This is the first time that I have tried to use AirPlay.

The TV is a Samsung which is compatible and has an AipPlay setup menu (on-off, etc)

The airplay to the TV works with my iPhone 7.

On my MacBook the airplay icon does appear in the top menu line. When I click it a drop down menu shows On-Off and Looking for Apple TV. Everything, TV, laptop and iPhone all on the same network.

Air Play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.