Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After installing Monterey I can no longer make audio calls with Facetime

After installing Monterey I can no longer make audio calls with Facetime without adding the number to my contacts. Previously entering the number then return showed an Audio button. My iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi. Is there still a way to do this?

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 3:58 PM

You say that you can "open FaceTime, you can enter the phone number or email address of the desired person and then choose enter", however this is no longer available when upgrading to Monterey, hence the posters question. How to you make manual calls in Monterey?

15 replies

Nov 2, 2021 8:25 AM in response to Balunist

Hi Balunist,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you're unable to make FaceTime audio calls without adding the phone number to your contacts and you were able to review one of the support articles. When you open FaceTime, you can enter the phone number or email address of the desired person and then choose enter. You can see these and additional details on making FaceTime calls in Make calls in FaceTime on Mac.

Feel free to post additional details on what shows when you enter the phone.

Regards.

Dec 14, 2021 8:58 AM in response to Balunist

Has anyone answered this question? When I enter a phone number, all I get is the "Invite with Messages" option. There is no FaceTime Audio ever offered to me. Brand new MacBook Pro running 12.0.1; FaceTime 5.0. I receive calls on my Mac and can make audio calls from Contacts or phone number links in other apps like Safari.

After installing Monterey I can no longer make audio calls with Facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.