Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep Reminders on Lock Screen - iOS15

For years I have used Reminders to show up and stay on my lock screen until I complete the task and mark as completed. With iOS 15 it seems like the reminder will only stay on the lock screen for an hour but then disappears even though I haven't marked as complete. This is a big issue as I often can't get to the task within the first hour. Does anyone know how to make them stay until I actively dismiss them?

Thanks

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 4:39 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. I just did a test. The reminder did stay on the Lock Screen longer than an hour but eventually disappeared on its own.

As you suggested, I tried swiping up to the notification centre to see if it was there but it wasn’t. It wouldn’t really have helped me anyway. I know I can find past due reminders in the Today tab in the app but the point is I need the reminder to you know remind me! If I have to remember to check notification centre or the today tab in the app then it doesn’t really help me.

I’ll try the link you sent me for making suggestions. I get not having reminders be permanent as the default but there should be an option for it in settings.

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2021 4:39 PM in response to MichelleT18

Thank you for the suggestions. I just did a test. The reminder did stay on the Lock Screen longer than an hour but eventually disappeared on its own.

As you suggested, I tried swiping up to the notification centre to see if it was there but it wasn’t. It wouldn’t really have helped me anyway. I know I can find past due reminders in the Today tab in the app but the point is I need the reminder to you know remind me! If I have to remember to check notification centre or the today tab in the app then it doesn’t really help me.

I’ll try the link you sent me for making suggestions. I get not having reminders be permanent as the default but there should be an option for it in settings.

Feb 13, 2022 5:44 AM in response to Ying_S

Thanks for the reply. You are correct that reminders without a time disappear faster. I do set a time with each reminder; however, they still disappear on their own after a while. I understand that for many this is necessary since if they were permanent by default some people would just end up with reminders piling up. I just wish apple gave the option to set reminders to permanently remain until marked as completed. It sometimes takes me a day or two to finally complete my task.

Mar 8, 2022 2:04 PM in response to James_Alberta

It took a while, but I figured it out. Create a reminder repeat daily (turn time on-after midnight. I chose a time before I wake up) turn notifications on to Lock Screen, Badges, no noise. Then stop the grouping at the bottom. No priority no flags.

Now it will be there every day on the Lock Screen, every time you look at your phone, till you complete it. For some reason it clears them all at MN. Simple right?

Makes the reminders SO much more useful. Better than post-it notes stuck to my phone!

Mar 29, 2022 11:01 AM in response to always_confused_by_apple

It took a while, but I figured it out. Create a reminder repeat daily (turn time on-after midnight. I chose a time before I wake up) turn notifications on to Lock Screen, Badges, no noise. Then stop the grouping at the bottom. No priority no flags.

Now it will be there every day on the Lock Screen, every time you look at your phone, till you complete it. For some reason it clears them all at MN. Simple right?

Makes the reminders SO much more useful. Better than post-it notes stuck to my phone!

Dec 13, 2021 4:03 PM in response to James_Alberta

Oh thank goodness this isn't just me! I thought I was going crazy! This is happening to me but with third party email apps and most of my third party messaging apps. The notification would disappear from the lock screen and the notification center as if they weren't even there in the first place! I've talked to Apple Support but they didn't know what to do. It's quite annoying because then I don't remember that I had notifications for them in the first place.

Nov 2, 2021 9:35 AM in response to James_Alberta

Hello James_Alberta, 

It sounds as though you’re not able to respond to Reminders when the notification first appears, and wanting to view that notification on your lock screen or the Notification Center at a later time. Apple Support Communities is a great place for help!

After the notification disappears, are you able to swipe up when on the Lock Screen to access the Notification Center? If so, does the notification reappear? 

Also, you may benefit from a notification summary. You can find how to utilize Scheduled Summary in the following article. 

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

You can also provide feedback about the notifications on the iPhone via the Product Feedback website. 

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Nov 9, 2021 7:14 AM in response to James_Alberta

We’re glad you had the chance to try those steps James_Alberta. 

With the notification not showing in the Notification Center the next step would be to contact Apple. You can find their contact details via the Get Support website. Prior to contacting Apple you'll want to make sure you're running the latest iOS. There have been several updates to iOS 15 since the initial release. You can find the steps for updating in the following article.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

As a possible solution you may benefit from notification summary that was previously mentioned. This will schedule a summary of notifications to appear at designated time so you may review missed notifications together. More information about notification summary can be found in the Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch article that was previously linked.

Take care!

Jan 25, 2022 10:43 AM in response to dailson92

Feb 13, 2022 5:08 AM in response to dailson92

In case it’s still relevant, I think I have figured it out: just set a specific Time for the reminder and it’ll stay on your Lock Screen/Notification Center until you complete it. If no Time is set for the reminder, and only the Date, it seems that the reminder will disappear after some time as it’s not Time Sensitive.

Feb 13, 2022 6:57 AM in response to wlbecker

I see it now. That might work for really important reminders I think I’m likely to forget. I can’t see using it for every reminder though (I set a lot!) as it sounds too cumbersome - extra steps when creating the reminder plus when it’s complete you can’t just mark as complete from the Home Screen since it will just keep popping up everyday until you fully delete it.

thanks.

Mar 8, 2022 9:16 AM in response to James_Alberta

Same here. I usually set reminders for a location. When I arrive I usually can’t get to it right away, and if the reminder disappears I’m probably going to forget. I want the reminder to stay on my Lock Screen until I manually check that the task is done. It’s ridiculous that there isn’t just a little check box to “Keep on Lock Screen until task completed” or some such.

Keep Reminders on Lock Screen - iOS15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.