Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 display issues after 12.0.1 upgrade

Hello,

I have a Maci Mini M1 that updated to 12.0.1 this morning. During the upgrade it started encountering video issues (screen went blank, fuzzy, intermitted noise/snow. Now that the upgrade is complete, it randomly looses video and the screen also gets choppy and distorted.

it's worth noting this device had display issues out of the box but seemed to be rectified by the first update after purchase.

Mac mini, macOS 11.5

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 7:35 AM

Problem solved

I picked the Mini up from Apple last night. As soon as I hooked it up the problems started again. Pink pixels, flashing screen, distorted screen, etc. The monitor works fine on my old (2012) mini as well as my Dell laptop. I tried it with one of my other work monitors and all was well. After hours of swapping monitors, cables etc I checked the refresh rate. It turns out 12.0.1 bumped it to 75. My other monitors and the old mini all ran at 60. Set it to 60 and everything is happy.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2021 7:35 AM in response to Joe Cleghorn

Problem solved

I picked the Mini up from Apple last night. As soon as I hooked it up the problems started again. Pink pixels, flashing screen, distorted screen, etc. The monitor works fine on my old (2012) mini as well as my Dell laptop. I tried it with one of my other work monitors and all was well. After hours of swapping monitors, cables etc I checked the refresh rate. It turns out 12.0.1 bumped it to 75. My other monitors and the old mini all ran at 60. Set it to 60 and everything is happy.

Mac Mini M1 display issues after 12.0.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.