Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change this account on my iPad from my husbands account to mine with my different email?

How do I change the I pad email from my husband’s to my different email?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:31 AM

Your question is unclear in what, precisely, you are attempting to achieve.

Are you attempting to add/remove/change an email account - or instead change the user of the iPad, therefore requiring sign-in with a different AppleID? These are very different problems.

Adding a new email account is straightforward:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Removing an email account is similarly easy:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Choose email account from list] > Delete Account

If the iPad is to be used by a different user, with a different AppleID, the most effective way to properly prepare the iPad for a new user is to follow this process:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Everything will be erased - and you can set-up the iPad again, as new, for the new user.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 10:31 AM in response to Myipadbl

Your question is unclear in what, precisely, you are attempting to achieve.

Are you attempting to add/remove/change an email account - or instead change the user of the iPad, therefore requiring sign-in with a different AppleID? These are very different problems.

Adding a new email account is straightforward:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Removing an email account is similarly easy:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Choose email account from list] > Delete Account

If the iPad is to be used by a different user, with a different AppleID, the most effective way to properly prepare the iPad for a new user is to follow this process:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Everything will be erased - and you can set-up the iPad again, as new, for the new user.

Nov 1, 2021 10:22 AM in response to Myipadbl

If you don't want to restore the iPad to factory settings, you'll need to sign out from the Apple ID in 4 different places and sign in with yours. Do note that any installed apps will remain tied to your husband's Apple ID and require it to update.

Settings->Account(top of settings)->Scroll all the way down to "Sign Out".

Settings->Account->Media & Purchases->Sign Out

Settings->Messages->Send & Receive->Apple ID->Sign Out

Settings->FaceTime->You can be Reached by FaceTime At->Apple ID->Sign Out.

Otherwise, the best thing to do is to restore it and set it up as new: link-> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I change this account on my iPad from my husbands account to mine with my different email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.