📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device info wrong number

I need help for change the device info phone number:

the number it shows is not the number that is linked to my account, it is a temporary one in which I assigned my number to my sim card.

HELP

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 11:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 2:15 PM

Hello,

My SIM card already has the correct number, but the device information does not change,

The number it shows was a temporary number that was assigned to the SIM card when I buy my new phone, in the next day automatically the SIM card changed the number to my number linked to my account and FaceTime.

Thanks for your support!

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2021 2:15 PM in response to bailier

Hello,

My SIM card already has the correct number, but the device information does not change,

The number it shows was a temporary number that was assigned to the SIM card when I buy my new phone, in the next day automatically the SIM card changed the number to my number linked to my account and FaceTime.

Thanks for your support!

Nov 2, 2021 10:38 AM in response to Jorge_Freire

Hello Jorge_Freire,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We've reviewed your question and it looks like you have an incorrect number assigned to your SIM card. That is what your iPhone will be reading your iPhone number from, so we advise reaching out to your wireless carrier. Just in case we are misunderstanding your question and you need to change the number assigned to Messages or FaceTime, and not your actual iPhone, this article will help: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime.

If you have follow-up questions, please let us know. We're here for you. Have a fantastic day!

Nov 2, 2021 4:18 PM in response to ManJor

Hi again,

My SIM card works correctly,

My phone number linked to my account is correctly to my SIM card,

My FaceTime number linked is correctly to my SIM card,

ONLY the phone number showing in my info device is wrong,

I was change the carriers when buy the iPhone and the new carrier give me a temporal number in my new SIM card but in the next day the number linked to the SIM card was change to my correct number,

I will wait to go to my home and make a new backup for reset the phone..

I don't like make this but appear is the once solution.

Thanks for your time !

Nov 2, 2021 4:03 PM in response to Jorge_Freire

We apologize if we misunderstood your response. Since the issue persists, we would advise returning to our original suggestion: contact your wireless carrier. As your SIM is providing the wireless number, they will need to resolve this. You may want to try re-seating the SIM card in your iPhone (Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone) and then restarting it (Restart your iPhone) to see if there is any change. If not, please contact your wireless carrier.

Have a great rest of your day.

Device info wrong number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.