Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Always Bcc myself not working on ios 15 mail app??

I wanted to ask does someone else have the same problem as I do. I have iphone 12 pro and recently have updated the device to lates ios 15.1. I am facing an issue when using my mail app and reply to all on my emails. Even though Always Bcc myself is checked in the mail settings window my email does not show in Bcc when I choose Reply to all when replying to an email. What is strange is that when I only choose Reply to an email my name do appear in the Bcc section of the email.

Thank you for the feedback and support!

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 9:51 AM

I have tried all the standard steps to sort oit this issue. Restarting after turning on “Always Bcc myself”, restart after turning off “Always Bcc myself”, deleting and adding in the same email account etc. Always the same result. What is even more strange when I do a reply and reply all on the same email my email is added in the Bcc field of the email only when I do the reply. Not when I do the reply all. It is matter of POP3 account, so maybe this is the reason somehow?

Similar questions

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 9:51 AM in response to Lori_G7

I have tried all the standard steps to sort oit this issue. Restarting after turning on “Always Bcc myself”, restart after turning off “Always Bcc myself”, deleting and adding in the same email account etc. Always the same result. What is even more strange when I do a reply and reply all on the same email my email is added in the Bcc field of the email only when I do the reply. Not when I do the reply all. It is matter of POP3 account, so maybe this is the reason somehow?

Nov 24, 2021 7:50 AM in response to Agupo84

I am seeing exactly the same issue on iOS 15.0.2 / iPhone 13 Mini, and it is frustrating - I have mislaid a number of messages sent from my iPhone as a direct result, since they are now ONLY being stored on my iPhone. Usually, the auto-bcc'd copy ends up in Outlook on my desktop where I have a rule to move it to my permanent Sent Items there so I can easily find it in future.

As discussed above, I am seeing the issue only with Reply All - using Reply behaves correctly and adds my own address to the bcc: field.

Interestingly, the message I sent is still included in the message thread when I view it via my Inbox. In the past, I had assumed that the BCC: copy that arrived back into my Inbox was what was causing this, but it appears I was wrong.

In any case, please fix this Apple - it's extremely annoying and inconvenient. I am pretty certain this was not the behaviour in iOS 14.

Nov 2, 2021 11:12 AM in response to Agupo84

Hi Agupo84, 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

It appears that you have an issue with a copy of emails not automatically being sent to you. You have "Always Bcc Myself" turn on. We want to help. Does this issue happen with all emails and email accounts? Have you tried restarting and trying again? If not, you can Restart your iPhone. After restarting, attempt again. 

If the issue remains, you can Contact Apple for support and service.

Best Regards!

Jan 27, 2022 4:21 PM in response to AATwo

Double checked again, correction as some of the displays do not expand the cc/bcc field by default :

Test on ios15.3

1. reply only always bcc
  2. reply all some of the emails has bcc, some of the emails missing bcc, not related to origin email to me or cc me
  3. forward include attachment always has bcc
  4. forward not include attachment always has bcc.

so the problem seems only apply to at reply all…next investigation will be checking why some emails with reply all will have bcc and some missing bcc…maybe emails sent with outlook, thunderbirds, web mails, others, etc. have affected some encoding/decoding…

Jan 28, 2022 5:57 AM in response to Kenny_Apple

1. narrowed down to 2 emails from the same sender one after another, one of them has this issue and the other doesn’t, there’s no obvious difference between the 2 emails that can create this issue.
  2. checked the same 2 emails on iPad mail with iPadOS 15.0.2 and no such problem! So it’s iOS related for sure, can’t “blame” anything else… I’m going to delay the iPadOS update…this is so bad.

Jan 27, 2022 12:39 PM in response to AATwo

It still happens but I cannot see any pattern. Sometimes on reply all but not always. Sometimes when there’s an attachment but not always. As far as I can tell it’s a real bug. Probably buried pretty deep so whether or not the Apple programmers will ever find it or even look for it is doubtful.

Always Bcc myself not working on ios 15 mail app??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.