Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone XS Max screen is not responding

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 11:29 PM

Restart your iPhone or iPad. Make sure your screen is clean and free of any debris or water. Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger.

If the screen isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple ...

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2021 11:29 PM in response to adjirackor

Restart your iPhone or iPad. Make sure your screen is clean and free of any debris or water. Disconnect any Lightning or USB-C accessories. If your screen works after removing an accessory, try using a different outlet, cable, or charger.

If the screen isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple ...

Dec 5, 2021 4:16 AM in response to pcantara

My phone started functioning normally again around 3 days back. No problem with typing certain letters.

I had started to use left hand one hand keyboard settings when it was malfunctioning.

I suggest you do the same ; use left or right hand keyboard as per the side of the screen malfunctioning. No need to spend money on it!

Nov 26, 2021 1:48 PM in response to adjirackor

My phone's certain keys and right edge of the phone is not working. There was no accident and phone didn't fall or anything. I tell you it's a hardware issue(if turning phone on and off and cleaning the screen etc doesn't sort it out). Apple has quoted me a repair cost of 529 pounds. Chucking this away. Never going to bother with buying another I suck your bank account dry phone!

Nov 26, 2021 2:06 PM in response to Smilin-Brian

Thanks Mr Fish. Its not that none of the keys are not working. I can't P and delete button is sticking. I tried hard resetting and phone was about to send an emergency services message! Anyways, I have tried restarting/cleaning/updating the software etc etc to no avail. .. if it's a software issue I guess it's just Apple nudging me to buy a new phone; if it's a hardware issue; it's nothing but built in shameful planned obloscence. Have lost my faith in this company. A recently bought MacBook Pro has underperformed too. Time to get out of the ecosystem.

Nov 29, 2021 6:58 PM in response to SravanKrA

I have the same issue. my iPhone XS Max was working perfectly fine the night before, went to sleep and next day not working at all. so frustrated with customer care, asked me to go to a service centre for an evaluation which found no physical or water damage at all and heard nothing from apple support. customer service wants me to pay for replacement of the screen which is around NZ$650 that is so unacceptable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.