Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini not playing Apple Music song vocals

When playing songs, such as Riverside (Piano sessions) by Agnes Obel (Deluxe Edition), HomePod Mini somehow extracts the vocals. If I switch from HomePod to iPhone mid-song, the iPhone will play the song with vocals.

I have tried playing the song with and without lossless audio, no change in this behavior. I have messed with EQ, no change in behavior - that I noticed. Perhaps the HomePod is not playing from my phone, but playing a similar song plucked from it's own connection to Apple Music, but this is not the expected behavior, nor is it the only song I've noticed this with.

Am I doing something wrong?

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 4:10 AM

HomePod doesn't have a feature to remove vocals. As far as I can tell Riverside is the version of the song with lyrics, Riverside (Piano Sessions) is an instrumental version of the track. If you call up a track on HomePod using Hey Siri you should get it direct from Apple's servers. If you AirPlay from your phone then you would normally get the copy on the phone, although control can be handed off, particularly if the phone is working with songs in the cloud.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 4:10 AM in response to Neurite

HomePod doesn't have a feature to remove vocals. As far as I can tell Riverside is the version of the song with lyrics, Riverside (Piano Sessions) is an instrumental version of the track. If you call up a track on HomePod using Hey Siri you should get it direct from Apple's servers. If you AirPlay from your phone then you would normally get the copy on the phone, although control can be handed off, particularly if the phone is working with songs in the cloud.

tt2

Homepod mini not playing Apple Music song vocals

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.