Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod EQ settings

i find the audio output on the HomePod absurdly basey so I changed the EQ settings in Music (why on earth is EQ not accessible via the music App btw?!?) on my iPhone but the audio is exactly the same on the HomePod.

How do I get it to play the music with the EQ setting I’ve selected?

Posted on May 9, 2022 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 2:55 AM

In Music you can use Window > Equalizer to bring up the EQ controls, however if you AirPlay from Music they won't be applied. Use the AirPlay option in the Mac's Control Center or volume control to redirect the mixed sound to the HomePod and it should work, although there is a significant lag before changes are applied.

tt2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 2:55 AM in response to Stuart Duel

In Music you can use Window > Equalizer to bring up the EQ controls, however if you AirPlay from Music they won't be applied. Use the AirPlay option in the Mac's Control Center or volume control to redirect the mixed sound to the HomePod and it should work, although there is a significant lag before changes are applied.

tt2

HomePod EQ settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.