Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey is completely crashing my 2020 intel MacBook Air! Need Help - The computer is not functional.

What can I do to have a stable operating system again?

I downloaded Monterey on October 31, 2021. Ever since then, the computer takes a long time

to boot up. Applications open up by themselves and then take a long time or

don't load at all. My browsers don't load. Rebooting does not help.

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 9:55 AM

Restart in Safe Mode SHIFT key immediately as restart. Does a Repair disk, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts - slow it is low loading - normal.

Once logged in - check in User & Groups and choose your Account by name, On Right check for application that are set to load at Login - and remove all unneeded or unwanted Applications via minus sign ( - )

Also, when shutting down the computer there is a Windows that appear before it shuts down and see id Open windows when logging in is enable with a check mark. Remove that check mark.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2021 9:55 AM in response to VermeerRaphael

Restart in Safe Mode SHIFT key immediately as restart. Does a Repair disk, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts - slow it is low loading - normal.

Once logged in - check in User & Groups and choose your Account by name, On Right check for application that are set to load at Login - and remove all unneeded or unwanted Applications via minus sign ( - )

Also, when shutting down the computer there is a Windows that appear before it shuts down and see id Open windows when logging in is enable with a check mark. Remove that check mark.

Monterey is completely crashing my 2020 intel MacBook Air! Need Help - The computer is not functional.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.