Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro now has a completely black screen right after install of macOS Monterey

Macbook Pro that was eligible for macOS Monterey now has a completely black screen right after install. Resetting PRAM, Safe Mode, Target Disk Mode -- did not work. Spent time with official Apple support to no end. Macbook boots, but there are no visuals. I can connect over my home network via an older iMac. There were no screen issues before trying the install, no loss of power, no surges, and when attached to the iMac for screen sharing the iMac screen went black too ... so would not seem to be just the screen. What is the fix? Can the Apple store just flash the computer and start over? Can I do anything?

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 8:45 PM

I know little about this situation but, If you have Catalina 10.15.6 or later running on your iMac, Apple Configurator 2.13 is compatible. A 2013 iMac is Catalina compatible.

Requirements for Apple Configurator 2 - Apple Support

or…

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

4 replies

Nov 4, 2021 3:21 AM in response to AJH466

Update: Genius removed the back did some physical and logical resets and that seemed to do the trick so that now at least the computer can broadcast to another Mac, but that did not solve everything since the Macbook coincidentally had a backlight failure during or right after the upgrade to Monterey.

Macbook Pro now has a completely black screen right after install of macOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.