Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MagSafe Duo Not Charging with iPhone XR

I recently bought the MagSafe Duo with the USB-C Apple Power Adapter. My iPhone XR does not charge on it but my iWatch does.

It says it is charging but the percentage does not go up. I have even removed the protective case. I turned my phone off, used a different outlet, a different power adapter... I think I tried everything I found online.

I used a non-Apple wireless charger for my iPhone X and it charges fine. Is my MagSafe Duo not working properly?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 4:24 PM

Hi CoconutSu,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand your having trouble charging your iPhone XR with the MagSafe Duo, and we'd like to assist. The MagSafe Duo is designed to work with the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13, so it's not compatible with your model. This article explains more:

How to use MagSafe Duo Charger with your iPhone and Apple Watch

Take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 4:24 PM in response to CoconutSu

Hi CoconutSu,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand your having trouble charging your iPhone XR with the MagSafe Duo, and we'd like to assist. The MagSafe Duo is designed to work with the iPhone 12 and iPhone 13, so it's not compatible with your model. This article explains more:

How to use MagSafe Duo Charger with your iPhone and Apple Watch

Take care.

Nov 4, 2021 4:48 PM in response to CoconutSu

Hi CoconutSu,

Are you able to test your MagSafe Duo with another phone? If it doesn't work with another phone it's likely a hardware issue. If you're still in the return window from the place of purchase you could possibly exchange it. Otherwise, service would be the only option. You may want to contact Apple Support to find out about all your service options. They do offer mail service in some countries.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

Nov 3, 2021 6:52 PM in response to CoconutSu

I have a couple, you could return it, get your money back and buy a non-MagSafe Qi-compatible dual charger for less money that will work well with your iPhone XR. There is no benefit to your using a MagSafe charger for your phone and while it will work with your iPhone XR, given enough power, it will work less efficiently. Which leads to option 2, return your 20w power adapter and get at least a 27W one from Apple or higher.

If you aren't planning on buying a MagSafe compatible phone anytime soon I would return it and get something from Mophie.

MagSafe Duo Not Charging with iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.