You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.1 Calendar issues for iPhone

When swiping between days, data often shows up as stale (events on the wrong day, or events at the "right" time but with wrong title).

Keeping the same day view open for up to 10 seconds seems to correct the issue (temporarily). This appears to be some kind of caching bug.

(This was *not* an issue in 15.0, 15.0.1 or 15.0.2. I have one MS Exchange calendar and three Google calendars.)

This is unacceptable Apple this makes our lives chaotic and is not valuable.

When this problem will be fixed?

Also I miss a topic like IOS Software to choose here so you can prioritize the issue right.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 11:46 PM

Similar questions

34 replies

Nov 3, 2021 5:53 PM in response to Jerrylmusic

Hello Jerrylmusic,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with your calendar events after updating to iOS 15.1. Try the steps listed here to see if they resolve the issue: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync

If they don't, we recommend reaching out to Apple directly to further investigate here: Get Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Dec 8, 2021 8:12 AM in response to shannonfromjersey city

shannonfromjersey city wrote:

Awful Awful Awful. I work from my phone with heavy calendar work and this has been a HUGE issue for my productivity. Having to constantly close it out- re open every time I need to look at a new day.
GET IT TOGETHER APPLE! Its 2021... and people are working from their phones more then ever -- this is a HUGE STUMBLE!

This is a user-to-user forum. Apple's participation here is minimal. They don't read here for suggestions or feedback. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

For the record, I have both an Exchange and a Gmail account and have no calendar issues. Unfortunately for those people who do have this problem, it doesn't seem to affect all (or even most people). This means it's going to be a lot more difficult for Apple (and/or MS) to figure out where the problem lies.

Dec 2, 2021 7:22 PM in response to Cutter125

Also really fed up with this. Apple made me swap my phone when it first started and everything. Apple clearly has no clue what is going on or how to fix it. This must be pretty embarrassing since it’s going on three months with no resolution. Calendar is literally unusable like this and the trick to switch views hasn’t helped on my iPhone 13 Pro at all. For a phone this fast to load calendar items this slowly and often incorrectly is just a joke. What gives??

Dec 6, 2021 12:25 PM in response to Jerrylmusic

I’m on an iPhone 11. Just updated to ios15.1 and it’s completely scrambling all my appointments on all days. It’s completely unusable. It’s doing this for all my accounts and mailboxes (iCal, Google, outlook, hotmail.) How could you release a version without QA-ing a basic feature line this? Absolutely unacceptable. The only reason I updated to this iOS version (from the nice stable version I was on 14.1) was because we were forced to to be able to show our vaccine passports in the health app wallet - why we couldn’t do that on the old version is beyond me but to force us to update to this unstable version is really upsetting.

Dec 8, 2021 8:21 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

That’s wonderful news for you but it doesn’t mean many many other people aren’t having this issue. Ever since I did the most recent update. Never an issue before.

and It’s not a matter of what type of email. It’s an issue with the calendar app itself. When you change to a new date it shows the wrong dates items regardless of what account your viewing. You have to continually close it out and reopen.

Dec 8, 2021 8:52 AM in response to shannonfromjersey city

shannonfromjersey city wrote:

That’s wonderful news for you but it doesn’t mean many many other people aren’t having this issue. Ever since I did the most recent update. Never an issue before.

I never said that other people weren't having a problem. I think you've missed my point which is that, because it seems to be a fairly small percentage of users, it's not going to be high up on Apple's priority list and it's going to be hard to figure out. That makes it all the more crucial that you submit feedback to Apple. The more data they have, the more likely there will be some movement.

And It’s not a matter of what type of email. It’s an issue with the calendar app itself. When you change to a new date it shows the wrong dates items regardless of what account your viewing. You have to continually close it out and reopen.

Some people seem to be having an issue with the calendar if they have an Exchange account on their phones. So, yes, for some people the type of account matters. I have an Exchange account and have no problems. This is an example of why it's going to be hard to figure out the source of the problem. If everyone (or even most people) who have Exchange (or Gmail or Yahoo or whatever) accounts on their phones were having this problem, that would be an obvious place to start. But that's not what's happening.

So, submit feedback. Encourage anyone else you know who's having the same problem to do likewise.

Dec 8, 2021 9:04 AM in response to sf1968-uk

sf1968-uk wrote:

How much feedback do Apple need? Unhelpful agent told me to log in and out of the Calendar account…. And iCloud.
neither solved the problem, the latter just wasted hours re downloading my phone content.

They need as much as possible. The more people who submit feedback, the more complete the picture they get of the problem and the more data they have. In the time you posted here (which accomplished nothing toward solving the issue), you could have provided Apple with useful information.

Dec 9, 2021 12:37 PM in response to sf1968-uk

Dear All ,

as a test I have deleted the calendar app from apple and downloaded another calendar app (WeekCal) and it works 🤔 so it seems the issue is really on Apples side. But dear Apple I guess this couldn’t be the workaround you expect that we we apple users are starting to use more and mor third party apps because your stuff it doesn’t work , right 😂😂😂

iOS 15.1 Calendar issues for iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.