Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey update brick MacBook Air 2020

I bought a MacBook Air 2020 with Intel chipset with all upgrades in late 2020 and some days ago I installed Monetery update. After some hours my MacBook bricked: screen went black, it didn't turn on! I gave it to apple store and after more than 12 hours they still struggling. This is clearly Apples update that bricked my MacBook with all my files. Now the least they can do is to offer a new MacBook in the mean time not charging me! Guys, this will happen also to you sooner or later. Make this big company take responsibility!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 12:03 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 3, 2021 12:06 AM in response to CirOpe

CirOpe Said:

"Monterey update brick MacBook Air 2020: I bought a MacBook Air 2020 with Intel chipset with all upgrades in late 2020 and some days ago I installed Monetery update. After some hours my MacBook bricked: screen went black, it didn't turn on!"

-------

Troubleshooting MacBook Air Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Monterey update brick MacBook Air 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.