Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacbookAir M1 8GB usually gets hotter after having mainboard replaced.

I've just bought a Macbook Air M1 8gb for 3 months. One day, it became crazily hotter after I had a 30-mins zoom meeting and turned off its screen. Then it had mainboard replaced, only after 3 months @@ though I just used it for office tasks, zoom meetings, and web surfing, no photoshops or any designer apps. Now, I have my laptop fixed for about 1 week, and I see it gets hot very quickly though I still have my daily tasks (office apps) and web habit. I usually have to shut down it for a while but it again begins hot when I run such tasks. What should I do now? Please advise. Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 1:19 PM

In activity monitor you need to be looking at CPU use and disk activity. The amount of memory used does not cause heating in and of itself. You need to see what is putting so much load on the CPU to increase its temperature.

1 reply

My MacbookAir M1 8GB usually gets hotter after having mainboard replaced.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.