Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change the double-tap action or the press-and-hold action on AirPod 3rd generation

I can't change the double-tap action or the press-and-hold action on AirPod 3rd generation.

I went to settings, bluetooth, clicked on the i next to the airpod name but don't see the option to change what happens when you double tap the airpod.

I am running iOS 15.1 on my iPhone.

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 4:53 AM

Not the question. There are no options to control the air pods under the Bluetooth app, choosing the AirPods 3. Other options are there, but not to control each airpod like the other AirPod models

4 replies

Nov 3, 2021 11:42 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

AirPods (3rd generation) controls

Each of your AirPods (3rd generation) has a Force Sensor on the stem. You can use the Force Sensor to do any of the following:

• Play and pause audio: Press the Force Sensor once. To resume playback, press it again.
  • Play the next track: Press the Force Sensor twice.
  • Play the previous track: Press the Force Sensor three times.
  • Answer a call: When you receive a call, press the Force Sensor.
  • Activate Siri: Press and hold the Force Sensor, then ask questions, control apps, and more.

AirPods controls - Apple Support

Can't change the double-tap action or the press-and-hold action on AirPod 3rd generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.