Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create reminder from email in Mail app without using Siri

Is this possible? I don’t use Siri and I feel like I shouldn’t have to to create a reminder in the a reminder app from an email in the Mail app.

thank you

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 4:10 PM

Hi ikwyl6,

This is only possible for creating calendar events. From not only the mail app but system wide on IOS, MacOS and iPadOS. when there is text with a date or time you should be able to click it and create a calendar event from within that app.

This feature has to be enabled though.

"Siri can suggest events found in Mail, Messages, and Safari—such as flight reservations and hotel bookings—so you can add them easily in Calendar.

1. Go to Settings  > Calendar > Siri & Search.
  2. Turn on Show Siri Suggestions in App to allow Siri to suggest events found in other apps.

To allow Siri to make suggestions in other apps based on how you use Calendar, turn on Learn from this App."

Hope this helps

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2021 4:10 PM in response to ikwyl6

Hi ikwyl6,

This is only possible for creating calendar events. From not only the mail app but system wide on IOS, MacOS and iPadOS. when there is text with a date or time you should be able to click it and create a calendar event from within that app.

This feature has to be enabled though.

"Siri can suggest events found in Mail, Messages, and Safari—such as flight reservations and hotel bookings—so you can add them easily in Calendar.

1. Go to Settings  > Calendar > Siri & Search.
  2. Turn on Show Siri Suggestions in App to allow Siri to suggest events found in other apps.

To allow Siri to make suggestions in other apps based on how you use Calendar, turn on Learn from this App."

Hope this helps

Create reminder from email in Mail app without using Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.