Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook serial number is not valid

I tried to contact support. This requires entering serial number. I entered my serial number and got:

"We’re sorry, but that is not a valid serial number. Please try again."

There is no way to contact support even to resolve this serial number issue (so stupid, Apple).

MacBook was purchased on apple.com, so there should be no issue with it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 5:59 PM

8 replies

Nov 3, 2021 6:17 PM in response to andrii295

andrii295 Said:

"MacBook serial number is not valid: No, it doesn't show up. I also receive: 'We’re sorry, but this serial number isn’t valid. Please check your information and try again.'"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Contact Apple Support. Perhaps there is a mislay in Apple's device database, and they need to fix it.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through, sure enough :)

Nov 3, 2021 6:27 PM in response to andrii295

andrii295 Said:

"MacBook serial number is not valid: The problem is that contacting support via getsupport.apple.com requires entering a serial number (which doesn't work). Is there any other way?"

--------

Call Apple Support:

Go Here: Contact Apple for Support and Service - Apple Support

If you need to have a S/N when calling, then use one of another device. Then proceed form there with the correct support.

Nov 3, 2021 6:10 PM in response to andrii295

andrii295 Said:

"MacBook serial number is not valid: I tried to contact support. This requires entering serial number. I entered my serial number and got: 'We’re sorry, but that is not a valid serial number. Please try again.' There is no way to contact support even to resolve this serial number issue (so stupid, Apple). MacBook was purchased on apple.com, so there should be no issue with it."

-------

Verify this Serial Number

Enter the Serial Number here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com. If it shows up as intended, then all is fine.

MacBook serial number is not valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.