Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update to Monterey no more iTunes and cannot add Movies to Music App

Just update to Monterey and discovered no more iTunes and no more Video or Movie Library contents. I reset the media folder to the one is was previously using and got my songs back but none of the Videos and Movies. I have blank place holders for some of them but they are categorized as "Home Movies" and I cannot change them to "Movies". I have tried moving them out of the original media folder and re-importing but nothing happens. No imports. Seems like the new Music App is not geared towards movies. I have Home Sharing turned on and really would love to get all of my movies back so I can watch them on AppleTV devices in several rooms like before.

I hope someone has an answer as to how to get Music App to work.

Thanks.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 12:47 PM

Have you checked the TV app? See the following from What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

The Apple TV app is the new home for all of your movies, TV shows, and home videos — including your purchases from iTunes. Browse movies and TV shows that you can buy, rent movies, and subscribe to just the channels that you want to watch. And soon you can discover new favorites with Apple TV+.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 12:47 PM in response to Peter Mars

Have you checked the TV app? See the following from What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

The Apple TV app is the new home for all of your movies, TV shows, and home videos — including your purchases from iTunes. Browse movies and TV shows that you can buy, rent movies, and subscribe to just the channels that you want to watch. And soon you can discover new favorites with Apple TV+.

Nov 4, 2021 1:24 PM in response to FoxFifth

Still need to know how to get all my movies, home movies, downloaded videos, etc onto my iMac. Well, they're already on my iMac but not anywhere I can access them. I am not going to start using the cloud, or my iphone, for any of this. I have several appletv boxes and unless I can connect to iTunes (or Music App) thru home sharing, I don't see how I'm ever going to be able to access my videos and movies again.

Not sure how connecting iPhone to Music App allows me to move or import Movies/Videos from iPhone... iTunes was pretty simple and straight forward.

Nov 4, 2021 1:34 PM in response to Peter Mars

Does anyone know if I can use time machine to go back/revert my iMac to 10.14 and get iTunes back. This is becoming much too complicated. Now I see syncing choices that want to replace media libraries... I want all my photos and all my movies and videos on my computer's external hard drive where they belong. I need access to all my stuff from all my AppleTV boxes over my home network... I usually just go to the "Computers" icon and all my libraries are available. Why was this changed? So my question is, Can I use time machine to go back??

Nov 4, 2021 1:46 PM in response to Peter Mars

I have just spent the last 2 days trying to fix my iTunes library so all the movies and other media will be compatible and/or available in Music App. I have re-imported movies and they are not showing up in either App. I am absolutely lost with this. Makes no sense at all. Why would they have changed this so massively?

I think I need to either revert back to 10.14 if possible or take all my Music and Movies and Videos and move it to a safe place (separate hard drive) un-install Music App and delete whatever media folders it thinks it's using, and completely start over. Re import all my music, videos and movies. I do not think will be able to get Music App and ATV app to work the way I need them to.

After update to Monterey no more iTunes and cannot add Movies to Music App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.