Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS 12.0.1 Apple Music AirPods Constantly Skips/Pauses During Playback

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but it's very annoying. Restarting doesn't fix it either. I'm currently running macOS 12.0.1 on my MacBook Pro 16 (2019).

It doesn't skip/pause for a second on my iPad or iPhone, it's just on my Mac. Anyone else noticed this?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 12:58 PM

1 reply

Nov 5, 2021 1:29 PM in response to iTimC21

Hey there, iTimC21!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

We want you to enjoy your AirPods with seamless playback no matter which device you're using them with. We're happy to help with this.

To start, have you tried resetting your AirPods and reconnecting them to your Mac? If not, let's give that a shot: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro. This is the best place to start with most issues you might encounter with your AirPods. If that doesn't do the trick, we'd also recommend testing another Bluetooth device with your Mac to see if we can isolate the issue to a potential Bluetooth issue on the Mac itself.

Another really good resource can be found here: If the sound from your wireless headphones cuts out or is distorted

We hope that this information is helpful.

​Have a great day!

macOS 12.0.1 Apple Music AirPods Constantly Skips/Pauses During Playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.