Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV Remote on iOS 15.1 volume control not working - buggy?

Hi there!

I can't control the volume via my iPhone's volume buttons while it works well with the physical remote. I've tried the "training" menu to setup volume control but didn't get anywhere with it. I've checked that HDMI CEC is active and I can control my Apple TV playback with the TV remote (Phillips). Both EasyShare and EasyShare remote are active on the TV.

So from how I understand it to work, it would be working with this setup 🤨

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 8:48 AM

The volume control buttons for the software remote are only functional for setups with a receiver that supports volume control through CEC (or with bluetooth speakers). TVs typically will not take volume control from connected devices. You will need a physical remote with IR functionality to do volume control on the TV.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 8:48 AM in response to Danger-Dan

The volume control buttons for the software remote are only functional for setups with a receiver that supports volume control through CEC (or with bluetooth speakers). TVs typically will not take volume control from connected devices. You will need a physical remote with IR functionality to do volume control on the TV.

Nov 5, 2021 12:59 AM in response to Danger-Dan

G'day Dan. I had issues similar to what you are experiencing. Rebooting the Apple tv etc did no good. I finally (by accident) wrapped the remote in foil and that made it disconnect itself from the Apple TV box. From there it was just a matter of re-pairing and alls well again. Be interested to hear how you go. Cheers - Eric

AppleTV Remote on iOS 15.1 volume control not working - buggy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.