Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unusual Amount Of System Data

I have an iphone 12, 64GB. Recently, my System Data has grew to 51.79GB. I cannot download any apps or save any photos from the amount of storage being taken up. I read somewhere that having over 10GB of system data is abnormal. I do not know how to fix this issue, i have tried everything. I have deleted all my apps, cleared all my photos, deleted all my messages, all my recent calls, cleared my safari but nothing seems to work.

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 4:51 PM

1 reply

Nov 4, 2021 5:06 PM in response to jarvierobbie09

jarvierobbie09 Said:

"Unusual Amount Of System Data: I have an iphone 12, 64GB. Recently, my System Data has grew to 51.79GB.[...]"

-------

Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performs through use of a computer.

What Else to Consider Deleting:

A. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

B. Clear "Other":

Clear the storage named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips. Caches would be being used for remembrance of application use. So, clearing other may be the way to go about this, as it would be performs through use of a computer.

Unusual Amount Of System Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.