Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.1/ music not working

I have a 2011 Chevy cruze and my iPhone XR before the update work let music play though my aux cord but after I updated my phone it will no longer. Let music play and only charge it. Can anyone help me I miss listening to music and the Bluetooth doesn’t connect with music either but that’s a car issue

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 2:47 PM

Hi, Haley!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. We see that you are experiencing a problem listening to music from your iPhone while in your car, though it will still charge. We're happy to help!

Based on what you've described, we recommend following the steps under the "Connect using USB playback" section of How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support, which you can find below:

"Connect using USB playback

1. Restart your device and your car.
  2. Make sure that your device is unlocked and on the Home screen.
  3. If possible, try to connect using another cable or USB port. Check the manual that came with your car to learn how to connect an Apple device.
  4. Check your charging port for any debris or damage. Make sure that your charging cable is properly inserted into the port.
  5. Update your device.
  6. Make sure that your stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.
  7. Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, contact Apple Support."

Best!

338 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 2:47 PM in response to Haleycathleen

Hi, Haley!

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. We see that you are experiencing a problem listening to music from your iPhone while in your car, though it will still charge. We're happy to help!

Based on what you've described, we recommend following the steps under the "Connect using USB playback" section of How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car - Apple Support, which you can find below:

"Connect using USB playback

1. Restart your device and your car.
  2. Make sure that your device is unlocked and on the Home screen.
  3. If possible, try to connect using another cable or USB port. Check the manual that came with your car to learn how to connect an Apple device.
  4. Check your charging port for any debris or damage. Make sure that your charging cable is properly inserted into the port.
  5. Update your device.
  6. Make sure that your stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.
  7. Try playing audio from a different app. If you can't play audio from a third-party app, contact the app developer for help. If you can't play audio from an Apple app, contact Apple Support."

Best!

Nov 10, 2021 3:03 PM in response to Haleycathleen

I am having the same problem, I’ve restarted my device, re-paired my phone to my car, (hands free calling but not music), I’ve tried different cords, yet I still cannot get my phone to play through the car. I was worried something happened with my car but there’s no lights on or anything, and now I’m hearing people describe word for word what I’m experiencing. Yesterday I drove to work listening to my music in the car, then updated my phone last night before bed and woke up today to use it for work again and it will not work. It is definitely the update 15.1.

Dec 12, 2021 8:36 PM in response to Haleycathleen

Opened a case with Apple to have this looked into. Confirmed that mine and my partners iPhone 7 Plus’ always worked for over a year using the adapter to our Buick. We both upgraded recently and it came with software 15.1. None of our phones connect to the car anymore since the update. Shaking my head for updating my older phone when it could’ve been used to bump tunes in the car 😭

Long story short, but was contacted and told it was a bug in the software and the engineers are trying to fix it. Here’s hoping they’re actually attacking this issue as driving to work with loud music is a pretty important part of my day as I’m sure is the issue with many others.

if you need the link to start up a case with them;

https://support.apple.com/contact

I don’t believe commenting on this thread adds to much of their knowledge/concern about how many people this is affecting.

Please contact them !

Dec 6, 2021 5:19 AM in response to Haleycathleen

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!! I may have found a fix, if you are using an aux and adapter. Go to your settings, go to Sound & Haptics, Go to Headphone Safety, Go to lightning adapters, click on forget all adapter. Then plug your adapter into your phone and when it asks what the adapter is connecting to, click on headphone(s). Then you should be good. It worked for me. You can probably try the same thing if you are using a lightning cable instead of an aux and adapter. Good Luck everyone and I hope this fix helps you all!! I don’t have a picture of the pop up when connecting the adapter but the following pictures are everything you need to click on.

Nov 11, 2021 3:31 PM in response to Haleycathleen

So glad I found this thread. Just updated yesterday to 15.1 on my iPhone 11 and now my aux usb cable will charge the phone but will no longer auto play my iTunes.

I have a 2015 Chevy Cruze. This is so sad I hope this will be easily fixed in the next update. I need to be able to play Adele’s new cd through iTunes when it is finally

released!!!!

Nov 15, 2021 3:46 PM in response to Haleycathleen

I have been trying to troubleshoot my phone not working with the USB connection to my 2013 Chevy Cruze for the last few days and thought it was a car issue, a phone issue, debri in the port, and a number of other things. Turns out, it’s a weirdly specific issue with the latest iOS update.

Please fix this, Apple! I don’t have an aux cord or an adapter to play music from my phone otherwise, and I also think it’s silly that I would need to go to such lengths for a workaround. Thank you in advance for fixing this problem very soon!!

iOS 15.1/ music not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.