Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrate app on macbook pro not closing

Every time I open my Macbook Pro the Migration App starts, how can I stop this

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 2:58 PM

Hi k2ndr,

We see that the Migration Assistant starts when you open your Mac. Do you have it set to launch at login? You can learn how to check that here: Open items automatically when you log in on Mac

If the issue persists we would suggest logging into a different user account on the Mac to see if you notice the same behavior. If you need to create one you can learn how here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If you're still experiencing the issue in another user account you can reach out for additional support here: Get Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 2:58 PM in response to k2ndr

Hi k2ndr,

We see that the Migration Assistant starts when you open your Mac. Do you have it set to launch at login? You can learn how to check that here: Open items automatically when you log in on Mac

If the issue persists we would suggest logging into a different user account on the Mac to see if you notice the same behavior. If you need to create one you can learn how here: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If you're still experiencing the issue in another user account you can reach out for additional support here: Get Support

Take care.

Migrate app on macbook pro not closing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.