Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Keychain sync

I have noticed for a while now that when I save a password in Safari on my Mac it does not seem to sync to my MacBook Air or my mobile devices. I have restarted the computer - no change. I have turned keychain on and off on the mobile devices - no change.

As suggested by Apple I have tried to uncheck keychain in iCloud on the iMac and the MacBook Air but it will not turn off.

I can air drop from Safari and it synced between my mobile devices but still not on the MacBook Air.

I am stuck and really rely on this feature.

Both mobile devices are up to date. Both computers are at Big Sur.

Thanks in advance.

Debbie

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 8:06 AM

See the article to export password from Mac A and import in Mac B Change Passwords preferences on Mac - Apple Support

Read Use iCloud Keychain to keep information secure on Mac - Apple Support

If iCloud Keychain won't turn on or sync - Apple Support

Note : don't check / uncheck the box of keychain in Mac system preferences .

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 5, 2021 8:10 AM in response to tygb

Thank you. That I know I can do. It does not address the issue of the passwords not syncing across devices. I should not have to check to see if a password appears on one of my other devices when entered on another. It is supposed to be seamless and was for a very long time.

I am bothered that I cannot even turn off iCloud Keychain on either of my computers.

iCloud Keychain sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.