Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpod low volume issue after upgrading to Windows 11

Anyone fix the low volume issue with their Airpods after updating their PC to Windows 11?

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 6:52 AM

Some others have found this solution helpful, although it has NOT worked for me. As noted in the reddit group:

There is an error in the Windows Event Log saying there was an issue migrating the device settings from a previous OS installation. Windows 11 handles audio headsets with a different codec (ACC) than Windows 10. This is what fixed it for me:

1-Open device manager and uninstall any devices with a name of your AirPods in the following sections: "Audio Inputs and Outputs" / "Bluetooth" / "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"

2-Restart your computer

3-Reset your AirPods (Open the case and hold the button on the back until and amber light comes on and then goes white again - About 10 seconds)

4-Pair your AirPods with your computer again

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2021 6:52 AM in response to MonasticScribe

Some others have found this solution helpful, although it has NOT worked for me. As noted in the reddit group:

There is an error in the Windows Event Log saying there was an issue migrating the device settings from a previous OS installation. Windows 11 handles audio headsets with a different codec (ACC) than Windows 10. This is what fixed it for me:

1-Open device manager and uninstall any devices with a name of your AirPods in the following sections: "Audio Inputs and Outputs" / "Bluetooth" / "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"

2-Restart your computer

3-Reset your AirPods (Open the case and hold the button on the back until and amber light comes on and then goes white again - About 10 seconds)

4-Pair your AirPods with your computer again

Nov 7, 2021 11:14 PM in response to pgubs

I agree with the other comments that it is NOT a cleanliness issue; the issue is the windows 11 update. I backed out my update and the airpods pro volume worked fine on windows 10. When Windows 11 was installed again, the low volume issue returned. I tried the suggestions that worked for SOME on the reddit discussion such as "Change "DisableAbsoluteVolume" value from 0 to 1". This did not work for me or the majority of users as noted. Volume set at 100% but sounds like its at 50% vol.

See HERE for the reddit discussion.

Is anyone else experiencing low AirPods Pro volume on Windows 11? : windowsinsiders (reddit.com)

Nov 24, 2021 1:00 PM in response to MonasticScribe

I can't believe this worked. I've tried so many complicated things to try to fix this issue.

I think the secret is to unpair the airpods with your phone first and to leave the. Also, make sure to leave the airpods in the case while holding down the pairing button and keep them in until your computer asks you to allow the pairing. The pairing will fail if you take them out before pairing is complete.

Thanks for your help MonasticScribe!

Airpod low volume issue after upgrading to Windows 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.