Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New AOL Settings for IOS Mail

I have received a notice from AOL stating "To protect you and your data, AOL will no longer support the current sign-in functionality in your application starting on December 1, 2021."

The default setting for AOL is the IMAP protocol. I have a particular need for POP3. I have attempted to manually use pop.aol.com for the incoming server and smpt.aol.com for the outgoing server. There does not appear to be a way to specify the desired port numbers (995 and 465).

Is there a way to configure the IOS mail connection to AOL to use POP 3 instead of IMAP?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 2:42 PM

5 replies

Nov 9, 2021 5:58 AM in response to ldemps

AOL currently require that you use an App Specific Password for POP3 and IMAP when using any third-party Mail Clients. To my knowledge, continued access using password authentication will be available in addition to OAuth.

More information about AOL’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in?guccounter=1

New AOL Settings for IOS Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.